Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day One of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

Joining Leslie Saeta's challenge to paint, paint, paint, and today was day one. Some artists can do a painting a day - I'm too slow - so I'm committed to 30 in 30. Have my subjects all lined up, about half the panels/canvases prepped and worked on two today that have the same color palette.

Finished a palette knife painting of a slice of cantaloupe......but didn't get to photograph it before the sun went down, so will post that tomorrow.

Some will be for sale, some will be just learning experiences (read "FAIL") but I'm hoping it will loosen up my style as well as see color and tonal values more easily. That only comes with lots of practice.Some will be "studies" made for larger works down the road. But if they're good enough, they will be for sale.

Because.....

The parrots at Garuda Aviary need more peanuts! All proceeds from this (huge-to-me) effort will go to the Aviary.

Here are a few of the reference photos I've chosen to work with the first week. You'll have to check back to see the paintings!



 Should be fun! And later there WILL be a parrot or two!

(Most of the photos above are from Paint My Photo - if you are an artist, this is a fabulous resource!)

No comments:

Post a Comment