Sunday, September 8, 2013

Experiment with Fun - Home on the Range

Home on the Range
4.5 x 10 inches
Acrylic on Paper
Not For Sale

I took a little break from the paintings I have started for the Leslie Saeta 30 Day Challenge. I wanted to just play and seeing all the wonderful watercolor works on Paint My Photo, decided to play with acrylics, watered down, to paint on paper.

The Paint My Photo site has monthly challenges and this month the challenge was to pick two photos from the site (there are THOUSANDS), and put a person into a landscape - in scale.  AND it had to be LONG format so that the winner's can be used as the website masthead for the next six months.

So I played this morning and was not unhappy with this outcome for my first try. Will definitely practice and do more acrylics on paper!

These were the reference photos I chose to merge, both from Paint My Photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment