Friday, August 9, 2019

Miniature Art

I'm back!  I had moved over to a different blog host but that didn't work out so I am going to discipline myself to keep up with this blog from now on. 

A lot has happened this year that makes me very happy.  I was juried into three prestigious memberships:

MPSGS - Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers Society of DC

Oil Painters of America

and

IGOR - International Guild of Realism

It tells me I am making progress in my learning and skills although from looking at the other members' work see I have miles to travel still.

This year I took on the probably over ambitious task of entering seven Miniature Art Shows.  Three are over with, two are about to open and two will open in September.  That's on top of 4 shows of regular sized paintings.  Once I get through mid-September, I have to concentrate on commissions that are waiting to be completed.  Would be so lovely to be able to paint full time...but alas...

Here's one miniature that did not sell at the Heartland Show so now it's available in my Daily Paintworks Gallery:


No comments:

Post a Comment